This week, news and market comments will be released in a reduced mode.
– Condition ratings for the U.S. corn crop declined during the last week while the corn harvest got under way in the core Midwest production belt, the USDA said on Monday.
– US weekly export inspection data were mostly disappointing.
– Canada ’s wheat exports down 65% wow at 143k mt.
– Canada cuts canola, wheat estimates further due to drought.
ICE Canada Nov canola futures spiked after the report, climbing as much as 4.4%.
Stat Can expectations: wheat 21.7mmt vs 22.95 in Aug, durum 3.55 vs. 4 in Aug, canola 12.78 vs 14.75mmt in Aug.
– Soybean production in Brazil unchanged in Conab’s Sept Crop Report at 135.9mmt which is up 11mmt from last year or +8.9%.
corn crop fall by 0.91mmt from 86.65 in Aug to 85.74mmt in Sept.
Starting with Oct., Conab will release their first estimates of 2021/22 season.
– Argentina 2021/22 soy, wheat, corn harvests seen up according BA Exchange.
– France’s farm ministry lowered its estimate of soft wheat production to 36.06 million tonnes from 36.69 million last month.
– European imports of rapeseed also remain far below compared to last year, with an accumulated since 1 st July amounted to 791 kt by the EU Commission, against 1.4 Mt in 2020.
Conversely, wheat exports show a sharp acceleration, to 5.8 Mt since the start of the season, which represents a jump of 1.8 Mt compared to last year.
– Russian wheat export prices up for ninth week.
Black Sea cash markets continue to trend upward, exacerbated by the impact of the export tax formula. Cash prices are holding over US$300/t for 12.5protein and approaching that for 11.5 prot.
– Ukraine winter grain sowing 5% complete, ministry said.
As on Sep 13, Ukrainian farmers have planted 775 k ha of winter rapeseed, which is 75% of the forecast of 1.03 million hectares.
Winter wheat – 331 k ha or 5% to the forecast of 7 million ha.
Winter barley – 10 k ha or 1% to the forecast of 1 million ha.
– Crop production drives Australian ag to record-busting, $73 billion year.
– Australian canola exports drop to 114,392t in July
– TMO issued a new tender to import 260’000 mt of feed barley.
Required TW is 61, grain admixture 4%. Shipment: Oct 8-31.
Tender will be held on Sep 21st.
– Algeria’s OAIC buys 350k mt barley for Oct.
– Algeria tenders to buy up to 30,000 t of soymeal.
Shipment is sought from optional origins in two periods
– Morocco to suspend import duty on soft wheat starting Nov.1
– Jordan tenders to buy 120,000 tonnes feed barley
Possible shipment combinations of 60K are Dec. 16-31, 2021, and in 2022 from Jan. 1-15, Jan. 16-31 and Feb. 1-14.
The deadline for submission of price offers in the tender is Sep 16
– Saudi Arabia’s, SAGO bought 382.000 tonnes of hard wheat 12.5% in its tender at an average price of $355,68 cost and freight (C&F) a tonne. The arrival period is Nov 2021.